Adelong Public School is situated in the historic gold mining town of Adelong in the South West Slopes of New South Wales.
It was established in 1860 and presently draws students mainly from the town and surrounding farming properties. The school continues to be well supported by the community.
Adelong Public School, in partnership with the local community, aims to provide a learning environment based on care, opportunities and quality, to equip our students for the future.
Adelong Public School is a small rural school located 25 km south of Tumut. The school has been in operation for over 150 years and has an extensive history with the local community.
Today, the school continues to serve families from Adelong and the surrounding area. The community is extremely supportive, and everyone involved with the school is committed to providing quality educational opportunities for all students.
The school structure consists of three cross–stage classes. Permanent staff consists of a principal, two classroom teachers, and school administration manager. Part–time and temporary staff consists of a learning support teacher, teacher librarian, school administration officer, general assistant, and two school learning support officers.
The school reflects student centred–learning and emphasises programs based on the students' individual needs and the development of the whole child.
Knowledge is Gold!
In partnership with parents and the wider community, we support each student to develop a strong sense of wellbeing. We are committed to equity for all, showing compassion, respect, understanding and inclusiveness, regardless of background or ability. We encourage our students to learn to solve problems, take responsibility, develop resilience, and care for one another.